Talofa and Welcome to Tuvalu Government’s website! Tuvalu (pronounced too-vah-loo) is a Polynesian island country in the South Pacific, one of the world’s smallest countries. A member of the Commonwealth, Tuvalu comprises 9 islands which make up a total 26 square kilometres (10 sq mi) spread out between the latitude of 5° to 10° South and longitude of 176° to 180°. Tuvalu has a population of 10,640 (2012 census).
Tuvalu, in the South Pacific, is an independent island nation within the British Commonwealth. Its 9 islands comprise small, thinly populated atolls and reef islands with palm-fringed beaches and WWII sites. Off Funafuti, the capital, the Funafuti Conservation Area offers calm waters for diving and snorkelling among sea turtles and tropical fish, plus several uninhabited islets sheltering sea birds.
- Office of the Prime Minister
- Public Utilities and Infrastructure
- Home Affairs and Rural Development
- Foreign Affairs, Trade, Tourism, Environment and Labour
- Natural Resources
- Communication and Transport
- Finance and Economic Development
- Real Estate Investment
- Education, Youth and Sport
Tuvalu consists of nine islands, four of which are atolls. Listing according to their positions on the map from North to South, the islands are:
- Nui (atoll)
- Nukufetau (atoll)
- Funafuti (atoll)
- Nukulaelae (atoll)
Republic of China (Taiwan) presented grant to Cabinet to assist in sports ground renovation
The Ambassador of the Republic of China (Taiwan) presented a grant of $AUD10, 000 to Acting Prime Minister in the Cabinet conference room today.
This donation is ROC’s contribution to the renovation of the Tuvalu Sports Ground buildings, namely the blue house and the toilets, not including the grand stand.
Permanent Secretary for Education, Youth and Sports, Talavai Iona stated that renovations have begun and are expected to complete in a few days.
“The total cost for the renovations is estimated at $20, 000 and this grant is Taiwan’s contribution,” said Talavai.
“The rest of the cost will be met by the Tuvalu Government.”
ROC Ambassador H.E Marc Su explained that the Embassy noted the importance of the Inter-Primary and Secondary School Games, to happen in a few weeks that the Embassy felt the need to support.
“ROC will finance building materials for the buildings other than the grand stand including a storeroom,” said H.E Marc Su.
The Tuvalu Government provides labour cost for the renovations.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tuvaluan Citizens to fill in the following vacant positions now existing the Public Service of Tuvalu.
- Full details of these vacant positions can be obtained from the Public Service Commission’s Office. All interested applicants should address their applications to the Secretary of the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Applicants must in their application address, all the requirements specified in the Job description; and
- Candidates applying for these positions must also address each of the key responsibilities of the job as listed in the job description, indicating how best they can perform those responsibilities satisfactorily and at the same time make a difference for the betterment of the department/organization.
- Applications for interested civil servants/applicants must be under first sight (UFS) by their Secretaries.
- Applicants must submit their applications(cover letter) together with a :
- Signed Form P2
- Curriculum Vitae(CV)
- Certified Copies of their qualification certificates
- Transcript from recognized institutions
- And 2 or 3 recent references
All applications are to be submitted to the Human Resource Management Office no later than 4.00pm on the 17th July, 2019.
Office of the Prime Minister
Office Telephone: +68820815
Working Hours: 0800 - 1600
Lunch Hours: 1230 - 1330